PRINCIPLES: Joe & Tracey Dahlitz
STAFF: Joel & Jenny Denton
STUD ADVISOR: Gary West
The Dahlitz Family have farmed in the Cummins area since 1913. Roemahkita is situated 10 kms south of Cummins, on the magnificent Lower Eyre Peninsula, in a reliable mixed farming area. 60 kms north of Port Lincoln. We receive about 450-500mm of rain annually.
Roemahkita Pty Ltd
We are a mixed farming operation, producing poll merinos and growing cereals, legumes, hay and pulse crops. We also have a contracting service which includes hay cutting and conditioning, round hay baling and contract reaping.
Roemahkita Poll Merino Stud
Roemahkita Poll Merino stud was first registered in 1991 we are a Collinsville based daughter stud with infusions since the late 1990’s from Wallaloo Park, Victoria, Leahcim and Kamora Park, SA, and more recently Nerstane, NSW, Kamora Netley Park, Gunallo and Collinsville.
At the SA Elders Burra Expo, in March 2011, 2012 and 2014 we have won the All Purpose Pair of Ram Lambs, for meat and fibre, winners three years out of five – a great result! At the Eyre Peninsula Merino Expo, Wudinna, we won the Elders 2015 Ram Hogget of the Year, with a Collinsville Premier son. The Complete package of Meat and Fibre – the real money making merinos. In recent years we have successfully sold rams and or semen to Stud Breeders and commercial clients in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and Western Australia. We are delighted with the positive feedback we continue to receive from clients, about the great breeding results they have experienced with our genetics.
We place a strong emphasis on the visual classing of all animals individually, with the use of raw data to assist our assessment; we also use Merino Select ASBV’s in our selections.
Whatever good sheep we grow … will end up growing us!
- all animals must be profitable
- all animals must be able to thrive and survive
- they must be able to reproduce
- the last 10 years we have weaned between 108 – 134% lambs, ewes not only have lambs they raise them
- plain bodies, no excessive wrinkle
- easy care, no body strike for over 15 years, with no money or labour spent applying click or vetrizin to control body strike
- high quality crimping white wools
- mature aged ewes cut 7-9 kgs annually, average micron of 19.5
- quick maturing December 8 2015 320 ram lambs (including culls) averaged 59.3 kgs at 7-8 months of age, January 14 2016 same group of rams averaged 67.9 kgs, with the heaviest at 88 kgs, at 8-9 months of age.
- Roemahkita blood wether lambs are highly sought after by grasiers that run wethers (for their wool and meat) and lamb traders.